Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Painless treatment and flawless accuracy
Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to develop in our jaw and they come through at the back of the mouth behind the last standing teeth.
If you’re told that your wisdom teeth are “impacted”, it means that there is not enough space for them to grow into the jaw in a normal position or when they erupt at an angle or in an unexpected location.
Impacted wisdom teeth are trapped in your jaw or under your gums. They can cause pain, swelling and an infection called pericoronitis. Because of their position in the mouth, wisdom teeth are difficult to clean and you may also be constantly getting food stuck around them. Over time, your wisdom teeth may decay and even affect the adjacent teeth.
Wisdom teeth should be removed only if there is good clinical reason to do so. Your dentist will take X-rays and thoroughly examine your mouth before making any decisions.
- In general, wisdom teeth need to be removed if there is unrestorable decay in the wisdom tooth, non-treatable nerve damage, cellulitis, abscess, tumors, jaw infections and damage to neighboring teeth.
- If it hurts, it’s an emergency. Call us right away.
- Dental emergencies like toothaches or knocked out tooth can happen to anyone regardless of age.
- Any obvious damage to a tooth – chips, fractures, lost fillings or broken crowns – should be treated as soon as possible. If you’re not sure if a dental problem is an emergency, we offer this advice: If it hurts, it’s an emergency. If you call us right away, our dental experts can repair the damage and prevent it from getting worse.
- If you are in Kurnool or anywhere near around and you need specialized urgent dental care, you can reach Braces & Roots Clinic through our contact details.